Thursday, July 3, 2008

I first of all want to give a big thanks to Lina and the entire summer scholars stuff for incorporating the career shadowing part of this program its one way for us student to really get the taste of real life.I had a great time with me professional person at the court house downtown, Mrs. Nissa Jones was her name she is a state Attorney . she was a really nice lady. We spent about 20mins to get to know each other then she went over the work she does, what her clients expect from him which in this case is the State. She then took me took time of her schedule to take me on a tour to various offices in the building and what goes on in various departments in the court house. I also had a chance to sit in the court room while court was in seasion.
The first one was about this man and woman once couples and from what I understood from hearings was that the girl was filing for the man to not contact her again. They both took turns to make their case and what they said made no sence to me or the judge. At the end the judge dismised the case and told them they were two immature kids and that they should grow up and workout their differences.
In two other cases both the corporate plead guilty to their charges on stoled a car and plead guilty and plead to pay $500. The other one plead guilty for driving in a car with pocession of cocaine and was sentence to drug court. I really had fun and learnt a lot form this experience.

No comments: